Friday, March 21, 2014

Minor Update: OSR out, OSG in

A couple of months ago I posted here an article detailing my personal Old School Renaissance (OSR) tenets and also made available a .pdf document of the same. Since then, after further research and reflection, I have decided to no longer use the OSR label to describe my particular gaming philosophy. Instead, I will use the term Old School Game / Old School Gaming (OSG).


This is really just a cosmetic change, none of the tenets themselves have changed. I simply decided the terms Renaissance/Revival don't really apply to me, because I never gave up gaming in the "old school" manner to begin with. It's true that I did take a multi-year hiatus from gaming due to real life obligations. But when I finally did get back into gaming, I simply picked up where I'd left off.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up for anyone who might be wondering about the change.

Brett's 1-page Old School Gaming (OSG) Tenets

No comments:

Post a Comment